Big News and Updates
There is HOPE! II Chronicles 7:14 "Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land."
Special Prayer Request:
- Pray for the safe health and wise decision making for President Trump.
- Pray the people of the U.S.A and around the world to be well.
- E-team: Pray for them as they are on lock-down (basically house arrest).
- Pray that we can get back to Ecuador soon.
- Financial Support: Please pray that during this time of crisis with COVID-19 that Christ will provide the ministry's financial needs, which is normally met through the financial support in the form of donations from our individual and church supporters. Our full-time Ecuadorian staff cannot afford to lose their saleries and are being paid as they work from home. Also, all of our ministry expenses are still having to be paid during this time of crisis.
- The ministry is still going on the best that it can. The E-team is doing great things for the ministry's future and Gary and I have been making future plans and he is always on the phone sharing about the ministry.
- Gary and I are staying in the Jacksonville area until we can get back to Ecuador.
- We don't have any idea when we will be able to get back to Ecuador. As soon as the borders open and it is safe to go back, we will be on the first flights available. We are monitoring the situtation in Ecuador daily through Andrés.
- Ecuador is still on lock-down, but the severity is lessoning.
- Pastor Juan Loja's house churches are still meeting, but in smaller groups
- Our villages in the rural areas are doing well and are not affected as severely as those in the cities.
- Our 2nd grandchild, Jacob was born. Mother and baby are doing well.
- Our E-team and their families are well during this difficult situation.
- Andrés, our E-team leader is making cool videos of our song that we sing in our Bible clubs. He is adding the motions and the lyrics in English and in Spanish for our teams to use as training videos. He used his neighbors boys and his sweet girls in the video to demonstrate the motions and his lovely wife Veronica to video. You might say, it was a family affair. These videos will help our teams learn the songs and motions in advance. He also communicates daily with our remote village leaders and contacts.
- Linda has written individual lessons from our lesson plan for the year, along with the crafts to go with them for when the Bible clubs can safely begin again. She is also working on Bible lessons for the Bible club curriculum for new Bible clubs and for other remote villages in which we cannot get to on a weekly basis. This was a huge desire of mine, to have curriculum for the future.
- Itineration: We are not able to get into the churches or meetings that were arranged for our Spring itineration, which is to be expected. Gary is still doing all he can by making phone calls to our supporters and Pastors to share about what is going on in the ministry.
- Teams: Most of our teams for May, June and July have cancelled due to the COVID-19, which is to be expected. When Ecuador opens up the borders, we will go back and make sure it is save for teams to return, that our vendors are still available and that the villages are willing to have foreigners coming into their villages.
- The Coast: The expansion of the Bible clubs to the Coast is on hold for now. We will re-evaluate the expansion after we know it is safe to go to the Coast and after a period of time to re-connect with our Andes villages.