Big News and Updates
- Summer: Summer is on the way, it is warming up on the Coast.
- Air Travel: Flights to Ecuador have gone up significantly, almost double. This could impact our short-term mission teams.
- Itineration: We did not spend the Fall in the States to itinerate, only a few days here and there, as we didn't want to be away from the Adult Bible Study. However, we will spend Christmas with our family and use January to itinerate (raise support for the ministry). Our Sundays are already booked, but we have some Wednesdays available. Let us know if you would like us to share with your small group or meet for a meal to hear updates on the ministry.
- All COVID-19 Restrictions have been lifted! You no longer have to provide any vaccination proof or negative PCR/Antigen testing to get into Ecuador or the USA.
- Ministry Center News:
- Sunday Night Services: Last month Andrés started the Sunday Evening Worship Services. We have had 70 people in attendance.
- Monday, Montañita kid's Bible club: The move of our Montañita Kid's Bible club from the community center to our building was a success. What a difference it is to have the club in our building with enough space and better acoustics.
- Tuesday Night Adult Bible Study with Christian Movie: In the last week of November, we had a record number of 259 in attendance. We ran out of chairs and space outside, to the Glory of God. We will be sharing two powerful Christmas movies on the birth and life of Christ in December.
- Coastal Bible Clubs:
- The Bible clubs are still growing and we have had a record number of children memorize their Bible verses this last month, to the Glory of God.
- Christmas Message: We will be holding our Jesus is the reason for the season Kid's Bible programs the 2nd week of December. Each child will hear that we celebrate Christmas because Jesus Christ left His home in heaven to come to this earth, take on the form of a human, and then die for our sins. They will also receive a gift bag, candy, and a Christmas panettone to share with their family.
- Mountain Bible Clubs:
- We will be in the Mountains: We will hold the Christmas Bible clubs in the mountains in the 1st week of December. Each child will hear that we celebrate Christmas because Jesus Christ left His home in heaven to come to this earth, take on the form of a human, and then die for our sins. They will also receive a gift bag, candy, and a Christmas panettone to share with their family.
- Christmas Message: We will share the reason we celebrate Christmas and have a Christmas dinner with our San Jose Youth and Ladies Bible Study the 1st week of December.
- Out of Room: We are officially out of room for our Tuesday Night Adult Bible Study with a Movie. To temporarily fix this situation, we are constructing a pole barn to protect the people from the rain, who sit outside because there is no room inside. We are also having to buy more chairs. We had 259 people in the last week of November.
- Giving Tuesday Project, November 29: Our project for Giving Tuesday is to buy more Action Bibles to give out to older children. Several years ago, it was a huge success, but now the older children need one too. Each Action Bible bought in the country is $19. Will you help?
- Christmas Letter: We are preparing to send out our annual end-of-the-year update/Christmas letter. If you do not receive our newsletter, please contact us to receive the Christmas letter so you can see the amazing how God used Pate Ministries to share the Gospel in Ecuador in 2022.
Special Prayer Request:
- Please continue to pray for Andrés and his family as they still have not closed on their house on the coast.
- Pray for Dena's healing of the blood clot.
- Pray for God to soften the hearts of the Montañita people to receive His Gospel.
- Pray for the national house church leaders that will continue the Bible clubs in the mountain.
- Financial Support: Please pray that Christ will continue to provide for the ministry's financial needs for the mountains and the Coast.
- Check out the new ministry building update: see below