Big News and Updates
Be thankful! Colossians 3:15
"And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful."
- Bible Clubs: We are hoping to go back to in-person Bible clubs in December, meanwhile, we will keep doing the drive-by Gospel baggie distributions.
- Ecuador Trip: Our October trip to Ecuador was another amazing success. We took several pastors and ministry supporters for a five day trip. We were able to give hundreds of children and about 50 adults a baggie with a Gospel lesson, memory verse, craft and snack, plus 3 pieces of GuaGua de pan (special people shaped bead with anise for the day of the dead) with a sermonette about Jesus resurrecting Lazarus from the dead and how Jesus resurrected from the dead, attached. We were also able to get 14 supply suitcases in country with only minor issues.
- COVID-19: It is still not the best option yet for us to be full-time in Ecuador. The E-team is doing all that can be done right now and Gary is busy with sharing about what God is doing in Ecuador and raising funds to start up the work on the Coast.
- Catchy name: We are still looking for a catchy name for our Bible club curriculum. Please submit your name idea to Pateministries@gmail.com. The winner will win a Pate Ministry "Jesús Salva" long or short sleeve dry-fit shirt. It needs to be a name that can be used World-wide. The concept is to teach people how to do Bible clubs in their community or use it in churches or house church that are not reaching the children. It is five year program, starting with foundations of "Who is God and Who is Jesus."
- La Florida Bible Club: We are so excited to let you know that we have been visiting the La Florida Bible club that we turned over to the church leaders and they are still going strong!
- From Bible club student to Bible club leader: Our plan of building disciples to take over the work of sharing the Gospel in the communities is working to the Glory of God! Here is the latest Testimony - 4 years in the making: Meet Dyana. Dyana was really young when we started our Bible club in Belén. After about a year of coming to our Bible club, I remember as if it was yesterday, she said (in Spaish), Ms. Dena, I want to do what you are doing. I told her that she could be a missionary just like us here in Belén and that she needed to study her Bible and pray that God would give her a calling. Fast forward to a six months ago. I am so excited to say that Dyana is doing what we are doing. She is the leader of the Belén group under the discipleship of Jeny and Gonzalo. Now that is something to Praise God about! Merisol was also in our Belén Bible club and is helping Dyana. Jeny is also discipling 4 other young ladies and 1 young man.
- The Coast: We are set to go to the coast and do six or seven Bible clubs in the Coastal fishing villages in December to kick-off Pate Ministries Bible Club expansion to the Coast.
Special Prayer Request:
- Pray for Pastor Juan Loja's Church and leaders as they figure their next steps in finding a Pastor.
- Pray for our election and recount process. President and our leaders of the United States and Ecuador.
- Pray for Peace and Unity in our country.
- Pray for protection for our village children and their families and that they will come to the saving knowledge of Christ.
- E-team: Pray for them as they minister in the midst of COVID-19 restrictions.
- Financial Support: Please pray that during this time of crisis with COVID-19 that Christ will continue to provide the ministry's financial needs.
- Bible Club Project: We are getting closer to releasing our Bible Club curriculum.
- Support: We thank you for your faithfulness in continued prayer and financial support.
- Teams: We are starting to book short-term mission teams for the Spring of 2021.