Big News and Updates
- COVID-19: Ecuador is almost clear of COVID - Glory to God.
- Linda Galan: Our E-team member Linda has resigned her position with Pate Ministries to work in her profession and obtain a master's degree in her field. She will be missed and we wish her the best in her new endevors.
- Coastal Bible Clubs: Last month we had an adventurous ride to get to one of our most remote Bible clubs in the interior jungle area of the Coast. We made it finally after pushing all four taxi trucks out of the mud, but we made it and had over 130 children and adults hear the Word of God.
- Short-Term Mission Teams: We just finished up our last mission team for the year. Our calendar for short term mission teams has already filled up for 2022.
- Mountain Bible Club: We are training the National house church leaders to take over several of our mountain Bible clubs. This has always been our plan to start the Bible clubs, build them up and then have the Nationals take ownership of them.
- Coastal Bible Clubs: We are still on target to start the Coastal Bible on a weekly bases starting in January.
- Help! Need More Action Bible: We gave out more Action Bibles in the mountains than we anticipated. We need to raise the funds to buy about 200 more at $18 each.
- Rebecca: A sweet young lady has been working with us on a very casual bases, as needed. She is now praying about joining us on the coast.
- Andrés: Andrés and his family will be on the Coast for the middle of September through he middle of October preparing some of the project on the Coast (sorry, we have not announced it yet). They are still working toward moving to the Coast to serve there, but they need to find a renter for their new home in the mountains. Please pray for them as they make the transition.
- New Work on the Coast: We are getting close to announcing the new work on the Coast! Stay tuned.
- Itineration: We will be in the U.S. for part of September and October to raise funds for the new coastal project. We are here in the States now, so email mail us if you would like to meet up. Gary's Sunday schedule is full, but if you would like to meet up for personal updates or have us share in a small group, please message us.
Special Prayer Request:
- Pray for Andrés and his family to find a renter for their home in Cuenca and also find a house to rent on the Coast.
- Pray for that we find support staff for the Coastal work.
- Pray that we can get all of the Christmas project stuff for the clubs here with the last two teams. Ecuador has imposed a two suitcase embargo for the rest of the year, so with the expansion, we are working with over 1500 children.
- E-team: Pray for us and our E-team as some of us start transitioning to the Coast and those that stay behind for the Mountain work.
- Financial Support: Please pray that Christ will continue to provide the ministry's financial needs for the mountains and the Coast.
- Support: We thank you for your faithfulness in continued prayer and financial support.